Aus Tiroler Dialektarchiv
Query For Remote Data with
SPARQL is an acronym that stands for SPARQL Protocol and RDF Query Language. It is considered a key semantic web technology that allows for a query to consist of triple patterns, conjunctions, disjunctions, and optional patterns. DataWiki allows you to query remote data sources that expose their data with "SPARQL endpoints", i.e. a (referenceable) web resource and knowledge base that enables users (human or other) to query via the SPARQL 1.1 language. There is a growing number of endpoints providing huge amounts of data in manifold domains. This sandbox contains examples of what kinds of queries and visualizations are possible with DataWiki.
|Note:||This sandbox requires the TripleStore basic or professional.|
- Examples for queries formulated in SPARQL 1.1 that fetch data from remote sources
- Farm Employees - This query lists the number of employees on British farms.
- Farm Types - These queries show number of different farm types in Great Britain over time.
- NewYork places - Gives you a google map indicating places within a 20 kilometers radius of New York City (ATTENTION: loading time is ca. 2 minutes!)
- The following pages contain queries against the CIA World Factbook.
- Govermental forms - This query results in nice plots about the distribution of governmental forms world-wide and in Europe
- Electricity production Netherlands - Did you know that under 5 per cent of Netherlands electricity production is nuclear based?
- CIA Factbook - Delivers all countries on earth with their capitals and population. China has the most inhabitants in the world: 1.3 billion people.
- CIA Factbook 2 - Short descriptions of many countries of the world covering historical and political background.
|Note:||The SPARQL endpoint used on these pages is currently off-line.|
- Technical information
- Maintainer:DIQA GmbH
- Version: 1.2.0
- Patch level: 6
- Installation dir: extensions/Sparqlsandbox
- semanticmaps (1.0.5, ?)
- semanticresultformats (1.6.2, ?)
- Datawiki (1.7.1, ?)
- tsc (1.7.1, ?)
- This sandbox provides examples for demonstrating the power of SPARQL querying of SPARQL endpoints in combination with a TripleStore.
|Dependency||semanticmaps (1.0.5, ?) +, semanticresultformats (1.6.2, ?) +, Datawiki (1.7.1, ?) + und tsc (1.7.1, ?) +|
|Installation dir||extensions/Sparqlsandbox +|
|Maintainer||DIQA GmbH +|
|Ontology version||1.2.0 +|
|Part of bundle||Sparqlsandbox +|
|Rationale||This sandbox provides examples for demonstrating the power of SPARQL querying of SPARQL endpoints in combination with a TripleStore. +|
|Vendor||DIQA GmbH +|